When Hiring a Marketing Firm, Should You Hire a Fitness Trainer or a Grandmother?
Marketing for professional services isn’t easy. It requires hard work, trust in the expertise shared by both the vendor and the buyer, and collaboration even when the implementation is riddled with obstacles. But strong marketing pays off. As professional services firms increasingly emphasize their own marketing, they’re looking outward for expertise. What should your firm look for when considering marketing services providers?
One approach is to look for firms that will challenge your thinking, counterbalance your risk-aversion, adhere tightly to schedules, and hold your own team accountable – kind of like a fitness coach. Another approach is to look for a firm that is comfortable, less accountable, and more willing to let you slide – more like a grandmother. Which of these approaches will give you the best results?
In this new article, 5 Criteria for Selecting Your Professional Services Marketing Firm, we’ll look at the criteria that should influence your thinking and search process, including:
- Does the firm have what I want?
- Is the firm transparent across every dimension of the partnership?
- Can they demonstrate successes?
- Do they recognize that strategies fail without implementation?
- Is their culture is pixel-deep?
You don’t have to ask your grandmother to help your firm with your marketing. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of a dedicated, accountable marketing partner who expects the same of you – a fitness trainer committed to helping you carry your brand confidently into the world.
To go along with this article, download our free newly released Marketing Planning Guide for Professional Services.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?