The Real Benefits of Social Media: 5 Ways Architecture Firms are Using Pinterest
Just when you think you’ve gotten a handle on the benefits of social media as they exist today, another channel rises to the surface as one to take into consideration. Take Pinterest for example. Now Pinterest has been around for a while, but just recently the architecture industry has started to grab a foothold and use the channel to its fullest potential.
If you’re not as familiar with Pinterest, here’s the quick rundown. It’s a visually-oriented community that is based almost entirely on ‘pinning’ and ‘repinning’ images. The concept is modeled after a real-life bulletin board. And when compared to traditional social feeds, this channel has more of a creative, free-flowing, collage feel to it.
So how are architecture firms and organizations specifically using Pinterest? We’ve boiled it down to 5 key uses for you.
1. Project Portfolio
Archiecture firms often have the most visually stunning photos of their projects and work. Whether your firm calls it “Portfolio” or maybe “Projects We’re Proud Of,” Pinterest serves as a great platform to share your project experience visually. A good example of this is executed by HGA, an integrated architecture, engineering and planning firm. Here, they have created portfolio boards for each of their practice areas.
2. Educational Content
Hats off to you if your firm has already started to engage in content marketing and has started to create its own educational content for your audiences. Pinterest can be a very useful tool for sharing that content as well as enhancing your overall content marketing strategy. You can create a board dedicated to content your firm has written to drive traffic back to your website, but avoid coming off as too self-promotional.
Tip: Make sure to optimize your content pins with appropriate keywords in the descriptions.
3. Project Inspiration
Similar to a portfolio board, architecture firms commonly create “Pinspiration” boards. On these boards, you can pin and repin design ideas, site plans, materials, or other elements that spark your team’s creativity. Pinspiration boards can be used both for internal use, as well as creating client or project specific boards.
We all know the saying ‘a picture is worth a thousand words,’ and when it comes to sharing infographics, this couldn’t be closer to the truth! Don’t fret if your firm isn’t the one creating the infographics you’re pinning. Just make sure the information is relevant to your audience. Infographics can range anywhere from industry statistics and trends to instructional how-to’s.
5. Industry and Project Awards
Another great use of Pinterest for architecture firms is to create boards for award winning work. Providing visual details of different aspects of a project can highlight what made this award-winning project truly unique and inspiring.
Not only are architecture firms using this technique, but architecture associations are as well. Take The American Institute of Architects (AIA) for example. They have created several boards showcasing recent awardees for different design competitions.
As a social media platform based solely on images, it’s not a surprise that Pinterest is becoming an integral piece of an architecture firm’s social media strategy. To see the real benefits of social media, however, your firm will need to integrate your efforts across multiple platforms. Happy pinning!
- Our Social Media Guide for Professional Services is designed to give you everything you need to know to build a comprehensive social media strategy for your firm.
- Learn about The Top 10 Benefits of Using Social Media Marketing for Business.
- Join Hinge on social media by following us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+!
How Hinge Can Help
Social media marketing should be a core component of your firm’s overall strategy. Hinge’s Visible Firm℠ is the leading marketing program for delivering greater visibility, growth, and profits. Based on 8 years of research into high-growth firms, this program gives firms like yours the practical tools and approach used by industry leaders.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?