Study on How to Get a Premium Valuation for Your Professional Services Firm Released
I'm excited to announce that we have just released a study entitled Top Dollar: How to Achieve a Premium Valuation for Your Professional Services Firm. The idea arose from our observation that when firms are sold, most of them receive an “average” valuation. In other words, they are priced at a multiple of their earnings very comparable to most other firms in their industry. Yet, there are some firms who receive a premium valuation—that is, their worth is several times more than their peers. The obvious question we set out to answer is… why?
The second group was valuation experts who value firms for a living. These are industry specific consultants such as Stevens Gould Pincus, who specialize in public relations and public affairs firms or units of investment banks, such as The McLean Group, Silicon Valley Bank, or Stout Risius Ross.
We questioned the experts about their experience with these premium valuations and had them rate the importance of over 40 variables that impact valuing a company, from earnings to employee turnover. We also asked for their advice to a CEO who wanted to build a firm that could command these premiums. What's important to concentrate on and what's a waste of time? They had a lot to say!
We also distinguished between government contracting companies and firms that market primarily to commercial enterprises—and we captured some important differences. To address these differences, we've also released a special version of the report just for the government contracting community.
Here are a few headlines from the reports to whet your appetite:
- Financials are not the most important factor. It's about your relationship with your customer.
- Growth without strategy can actually hurt your valuation.
- Rainmakers are over-rated.
- Middle management is a key asset.
- Most of what CEOs typically do to prepare for a sale is a waste of time.
Both versions of the report are free and no registration is required. Enjoy!
Industries & Topics
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?