How to Develop Thought Leadership Insights 2: Do Original Research [VIDEO]
This video is the second in a five-part series about how to develop thought leadership insights. This video dives into how conducting original research can strengthen your thought leadership insights.
Hi, I’m Lee Frederiksen and I want to talk to you about how to develop thought leadership insights – those kinds of insights that help you become a thought leader.
This is a five part series. Last time we talked about narrowing your focus and the benefit of that. Today I want to talk to you about doing original research.
Now doing a piece of original research can be transformative in your thought leadership, in the insights you get. Because If it’s a piece of original research if it’s addressing a question that’s been asked but no ones really answer it yet.
Let me give you a little example. We have one of our clients who’s trying to reach private equity people. She really focused on an emerging issue of compensation for the general partner. How do you do that? She did research on that and put together a paper that really made her the expert in that area – just because no one had put together the research. They hadn’t done the research in the first place.
So if you’re looking to be a thought leader, looking to have those kinds of insights that drive a field forward, besides keeping your focus narrow, also do your research. Make it a special point to gain those insights by gaining new knowledge.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?