Why Asking Clients About Your Competitors is Critical
Think you know who your firm’s competitors are? Through our research on how professional services buyers buy, Hinge learned that there is only a 25% overlap between who professional services firms think their competitors are, and who prospective and current clients think a firm’s competitors are.
Whose perspective matters most? That’s right – your clients.
In this video, Sylvia Montgomery discusses the importance of asking clients about what other firms they’re considering and why.
Uncovering the nuances that go into clients’ decision-making processes is critical to identifying and understanding your real competitors and ensuring your branding and messaging truly differentiates your firm.
Discover best practices for conducting client research in Hinge’s Professional Services Guide to Research.
Have questions about what to ask your clients about your competitors, how to ask them, or when? Feel free to ask by submitting a comment below. And don't forget to follow us +HingeMarketing and join us on LinkedIn.
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- The Best Converting Landing Pages for B2B
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- Top 7 Referral Marketing Ideas for Professional Services Firms