Venture Capital Funding for Your Professional Services Firm
The National Venture Capital Association just released their results for second quarter 2009 fundraising. This figure represents the amount of money raised by venture capital firms to invest in portfolio companies. To no one's surprise, the number of firms raising money (just 25) and the amount of money raised ($1.7billion) represent significant declines. Not since 2003 were numbers this low. It is not easy to attract investors to high risk investments even if the return could be great.
I suspect there will continue to be pressure on management teams to grow their firms with old fashioned bootstrapping. Firms that implement marketing and lead-generation programs that allow them to accomplish that task will have a real competitive advantage. Clients continue to spend on services that are essential to their success. If you can find that pain and offer a proven, cost-effective solution, you may be in a position to achieve sustainable growth in this or any other economy
Industries & Topics
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?