Top 10 Branding Tools – part 1 [Video]
I want to talk to you about the top 10 branding tools. And we’re going to do this in two parts so we’ll be talking about one through five today.
Hi. Today, I want to talk to you about the top 10 branding tools. And we’re going to do this in two parts so we’ll be talking about one through five today. Now, the big takeaway that I want you to keep in mind is that you don’t have to do all of these things, but you have to find one thing that you can really excel at.
And that’s one of the things that our research shows. You don’t need to be excellent at everything, but if you can find a lane that really connects with your audience, you can get a lot, a lot of branding leverage, only doing a small number of things. Let’s look at the top 10. Number one, write the definitive book on your signature topic. This is very time-tested, visible experts, high visibility experts that are known throughout the industry often do this.
Yes, it’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it. So, this is one area where you can really dig in and do it right. Second thing, provide a signature-quality video. Doesn’t have to be a book. Sometimes a video on a topic can really move the needle. And by signature-quality, we’re not talking about just a simple video where you have one person get in front of the camera and talk about how good your firm is.
We’re talking about something that’s produced at a level that’s eye-grabbing. It really gets their attention and it presents some information that’s just not available elsewhere. Third thing I’d recommend is a must-read industry blog. If you can focus your efforts in on a blog and make it one that everybody within your target industry just feels like they need to read, this is a proven way to really drive business going forward.
Number four is one of my favorite and that’s publish a provocative industry newsletter. This is one of those examples where taking a contrarian point of view is often a good way to get the attention and capture that segment of the market that is consistent with your positioning.
So, if your positioning is as a provocative game-changing disrupting innovator, then this provocative newsletter is a good fit with that. And finally, for today, five is organizing an industry conference. All industries, just about, have conferences, but new things develop so you might be able to come up with a completely new industry conference focused on a narrow topic that’s just right for your specialty.
So, those are our top five. If you want to dig deeper into these kinds of branding things, we recommend something called the Visible Firm Course that’s offered at Hinge University. Just go to HingeUniversity.com/VisibleFirm, and check it out.
Thank you, and good luck.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?