10 Tips to Get Buy-in for your Marketing Ideas
In the first installment of this three-part series, listen as Lee Frederiksen shares a few of his top 10 tips on getting buy-in for your marketing ideas.
Transcription: I wanna talk about 10 tips for getting buy-in for your marketing ideas. Now, this is something we all struggle with, to figure out how do we get the team to really accept and endorse our ideas. So, the first tip I wanna talk about is using data to educate your team because so often a lot of people in your firm aren’t really trained in marketing. The second thing I wanna do is point out finding a peer firm as an example. When I say a peer firm, I mean another one that’s very much like yours. It’s doing some of the things that you want to do. And by using that peer firm, it helps convince people that yeah, they’re a lot like us. If they can do it, we can do it. The third point is getting an outside expert to educate your stakeholders. There’s an old expression that really kinda rings true, and that is, you’re never a prophet in your own land. So, even though you’re saying exactly the same thing as the outside expert is, people inside your firm will tend to believe the outside expert, especially if they’ve got some credibility and they’ve heard of them.
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- The Best Converting Landing Pages for B2B
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- Top 7 Referral Marketing Ideas for Professional Services Firms