SEO Tools You Need to Know About [VIDEO]
Getting the right audience to your content can be challenging. In this video, Liz Harr explores some tools you should know about if you’re just getting started with SEO.
SEO, every professional services firm knows they need do it, but it’s the thing that confounds us the most. What is SEO? SEO is simply getting the right audience to your content by use of relevant keywords. And the best way to think about SEO is a balance across three key concepts. That is, volume, how often are people searching for this, and how many people on a monthly basis? How difficult is a particular keyword to rank for? And how relevant is it to the audience that you are trying to drive to that particular piece of content?
Well, the good news is that, while it is be fairly complex to figure out the right keyword, much of this can be done for free using Google. So, the first thing we would encourage you to do is just go to Google and type in the keyword or phrase that you’re considering, and once you do that you get a series of other ideas, keyword ideas that you can consider. The next thing that you wanna do after that is to go to Google trends, this shows the interest level and volume of a particular keyword or phrase over a time, very important to consider. And lastly, you would wanna go to Google Adwords keyword planner. This helps identify the volume and competitive level of a particular keyword.
Now here if you look at the bottom of the screen in the red circle, you see the word, low. Google Adwords planner gives you low, medium, high for levels of difficulty. It may be more instructive for you to use something that has a paid subscription, and tells you the actual number of the competitive ranking, that way you can map that number to your own domain authority.
Now, this is a pretty complex process and if you’re interested in learning more, I would encourage you to go to hingeuniversity.com and check out our Visible Firm Course where we explain in great detail, all the whys and wherefores of SEO. Looking forward to seeing you there.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?