Is WordPress a Security Concern? [VIDEO]
This video dives in and addresses a common concern when it comes to professional services websites. Find out how to keep your website built in WordPress, safe and secure with these tips.
Hi, I’m Karl Feldman with Hinge. And today, we’re gonna talk about a common question we get when we start talking about WordPress websites for professional services firms. And that is, is WordPress secure? Is this something that I should be concerned about? And it’s a question, because WordPress is the most popular CMS used out there. More than half of the content management systems around today are WordPress. So just like your desktop environment, Windows is a big juicy target. WordPress is the same way.
So if it’s not properly configured or it’s not updated regularly, it is susceptible to exploits. It’s also a pretty common selling feature for other CMS’s. It’s a reason that developers can say, “Hey you should go with our proprietary system, instead of WordPress.”
What are some key considerations to make sure that WordPress is secure for your website?
Start with a configuration, both hardware and software, and make sure that your development team is experienced on a WordPress platform. Make sure that any third party plug-ins or extensions have a good user base and are secure themselves, because sometimes they can open up loopholes that the core WordPress platform does not have.
It’s also very important to stay to date with updates and security patches deployed from WordPress. These are coming out fairly regularly, and that’s that the most common way that WordPress sites become insecure.
Last but not least, make sure you’re regularly backing up and have a recovery plan, in case something happens. Whether it’s from an exploit or something you might have done in house.
Thanks. Hope you found this list helpful, and I’ll talk to you soon.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?