Optimizing Your Website Copy [VIDEO]
Karl Feldman shares some insights and key considerations to keep in mind as you go through your website and look to optimize its copy.
We’re gonna talk about a perennial hot topic today, optimizing website copy. Everyone wonders how to do it. And it’s a perennial topic because it’s a moving target. So, I’ll share with you a couple of insights that we’ve observed over the last year and a couple of key things to keep in mind as you go through your website and look to optimize its copy.
Long form writing
One thing we’ve noticed in 2017 heading into 2018 is that the systems are favoring longer-form writing. So what does that mean? Where we used to look at 800 words for optimizing, a nice lengthy post, now we’re really up in the range of 1,500 to 2,000 words. So not saying that everything needs to be that long, but the systems are definitely favoring more of that.
Links on your site
They’re also getting a lot better at understanding the context of links coming in, and so how content is connected to other content on your website. So make sure you’re paying attention to that.
Here are some key things to keep in mind as you optimize your website copy in 2018
1. Do your research. That is still very important.
2. Understand your competitors. Understand the landscape.
3. Do your keyword research. Know what you’re going in with and where the opportunities are.
4. Make sure that you are writing to your audience. The goal of all of these systems is to connect users with relevant content so make sure that you are speaking to the audiences you care about and you’re connecting what they care about to what services you care about.
5. Test. Test some of that long-form copy. It doesn’t mean that everything needs to be, you know, 1,500, 2,000 words, but test some. See if you see the same gains that we are seeing across the board.
If you’d like to learn more, I’d encourage you to check out hingeuniversity.com/visiblefirm. Thanks for listening.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?