Hinge’s Fab 5: August 2014
With so many marketing-related articles online, it’s hard to keep up with the best content! Here are five of the best marketing pieces published in August.
Google Analytics: Top Metrics B2B Firms Should Monitor, Part 1
Kevin Bloom, Hinge Marketing
In the first installment of his two-part series, Kevin Bloom explores three metrics that can begin to tell the whole story of who is visiting your B2B website and paint a better picture for you when evaluating the overall performance of your website.
What the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Us About Content Marketing
Lauren Covello, MarketingProfs
It's not enough to just create content anymore; success lies in creating content that engages your audience and motivates them to spread the word.
During the recent ALS ice bucket challenge campaign, the ALS Association collected $5.7 million in donations within two weeks (almost five times the amount earned during the same timeframe last year). Lauren Covello highlights three things this phenomenon can teach us about content marketing.
Ali Luke, ProBlogger
Do you ever think about contributing an article to a publication or blog but worry you’re not ready? Maybe you’ve heard that editors get dozens, even hundreds, of guest post pitches each week, and you feel that the numbers will be against you.
Ali Luke, former editor of an online publication, explains why most pitches editors receive are not accepted, and how to send effective pitches and write articles that stand out from the pack and get published.
Michelle Lowery, Search Engine Journal
Landing pages are critical to the success of many marketing campaigns, particularly email and content marketing. Michelle Lowery shares what landing pages are, why they are needed, and demonstrates how to create landing pages that convert visitors into leads.
Eric Enge, Moz
It's hard to foresee a lot of benefit to your hard work publishing blog posts and content online when you don't have much of a following, and even if you do, scaling that content creation is difficult for any marketer.
One viable answer is syndication. In this Moz Whiteboard Friday video and article, Eric Enge shows you both reasons why you might want to syndicate, as well as tips on how to go about it without being penalized by Google.
Download Hinge's latest research report, Visible Experts℠: The Full Report, and find out the beneifts of having a Visible Expert in your firm.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?