Maintaining a Competitive Advantage [VIDEO]
How do you maintain a competitive advantage? In this video, Karl Feldman walks through where to start — defining your targets, position, and differentiators.
It’s a challenging market out there today. We’ve got a tight labor market, we’ve got competition up, down, sideways. Lot of consolidation happening out there. So, the big question we’re going to talk about today is how do you maintain a competitive advantage? I’m gonna walk through a little bit of 101, kind of where to start. We recommend starting with defining your targets, position, and differentiators.
So, first, understand who are your audiences that you’re speaking to, what’s your position to them, and what really sets you apart in the marketplace. Now, this is a lot easier said than done, but research can be a really strong tool to get there. The main point is to get inside the audience’s head and understand what makes you special to them. Second, focus on building out the key infrastructure for your brand. So, once you understand your differentiators and who you’re talking to, consider the infrastructure you’re gonna need to get that message out there. Last, consider a holistic approach to your brand experience. When your audience first gains awareness of your brand, what is the first impression? When they’re beginning to consider your brand against competition, what’s your advantage? What’s important to them at that point? And, their issues are going to shift and change as they move through selection and then make their final choice.
So, consider your brand experience all the way through the client journey, and that will help you really clarify what you’re saying, when you’re saying it, and where you’re saying it. If you’d like to learn more about this, check out hingeuniversity.com/differentiation. Thanks.
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?