‘The State of Social Media Marketing’ Report
By Beth J. Bates, New Media Special Correspondent
MarketingProfs, an online resource for more than 350,000 professional marketers, announced the release of its 2009 “The State of Social Media Marketing” report. The report surveyed 5 ,140 MarketingProfs members that represent more than 40 industry verticals about social media usage and trends. The comprehensive report offers considerable statistical data including:
- 27% of viral video is released for Arts and Entertainment purposes while only 19.8% is used for Education. 16.2% of Professional Services firms use viral video.
- 2.7% of Professional Services firms actively maintain a MySpace profile.
- While 18.3% respondents say that their employer has no social media policy, 12.9% say that they have a restrictive, social media policy.
The 240-page report offers insight on both professional successes and failures of marketing professionals. A free sample report is available online.
Beth J. Bates consults with Hinge on social media tool selection and strategy and helps its clients find effective ways to leverage these new mediums to meet business goals.
Industries & Topics
- Business Development Strategy: A High-Growth Approach
- A 10 Step Brand Development Strategy for Your Professional Services Firm
- Strategic Marketing for Professional Services
- Digital Branding for Professional Services
- 10 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies to Grow Your Professional Services Firm
- Digital Marketing Strategy for Professional Services
- Rebranding Strategies: A Step-By-Step Approach for Professional Services
- Elements of a Successful Brand 1: Brand Positioning
- The Top 5 Business Challenges for Accounting & Financial Services Firms
- Find Your Differentiator: 21 Ways to Gain a Competitive Advantage for Your Firm
- Elements of a Successful Brand 4: Brand Promise
- What Is the Cost of Video Production for the Web?